Progressive Muscle Relaxation
Have you ever had an aching back or pain in your neck when you were anxious or stressed? When you have anxiety or stress in your life, one of the ways your body responds is with muscle tension. Progressive muscle relaxation is a method that helps relieve that tension.
So simply flex every muscle, tendon and ligament from your toes to your face and hold them for 4 seconds and then release.
Group them as follows:
1. Feet and toes – hold 4 seconds and release
2. Calves, hamstrings, quads, and glutes – hold 4 seconds and release
3. Core and chest – hold 4 seconds and release
4. Upper back, shoulders, neck and arms – hold 4 seconds and release
5. Head and face – hold 4 seconds and release