Pro-Action Plan Step Week 4 (2 of 3):
Exploring/Revisiting Your Sector
Big Note: The directions on your Pro-Action Plan “Career Journey” Page will only show you the Number of Steps you have to complete. Please use these directions to complete the steps.
Step One: On your Pro-Action Plan, identify three concepts/ideas/activities that you learned about from each of the 3 Urban Farm locations. What is unique about each of these locations?
Step Two: Explore each of these spaces and work to identify 2 to 4 top priorities for the way that they bring Natural and Agricultural Sciences into their community.
Step Three: Repeat Steps One and Two for two additional locales of your choice. Locales must be reflective of Natural Sciences. Be sure to include links to your locales of choice.
Step Four: Using the below questions to guide you, consider what your priorities will be for your NYCIDY Urban Farm.
- What produce will NYCIDY grow?
- Will NYCIDY keep bees?
- Will NYCIDY use existing land for farming or repurpose abandoned land or use rooftops?
- How large will NYCIDY’s farm be?
- Will NYCIDY residents be required to volunteer to tend the farm/garden?
- Where will produce be stored for the winter?
- Will NYCIDY keep and breed animals for food? If so, which animals?
- Who will tend the animals? Middle and HS students for credit?
- Will the farm feed NYCIDY residents for free?
- Will produce be donated to those in need?
- How will you dispose of waste? Will you have composting? A dump?
Step Five: Using the link provided by your instructor, complete the Google Form to select how your sector should spend its revenue. Be prepared to present your ideas so your sector-focused team will together decide which line items will be included in your sector’s budget.