Step One: On your Week Five Proaction Plan, summarize the mission of each locale.
Step Two: Explore each of these spaces and work to identify 2 to 4 top priorities for the way that they each bring Arts and Humanities into their community.
Step Three: Using the below questions to guide you, consider what your priorities would be for your NYCIDY:
- What will Arts and Humanities look like at NYCIDY?
- Will there be a brick and mortar location like a typical museum or art gallery?
- What art will be featured? Will there be living exhibitions (for example; moveable art, relocated every month?)
- Will NYCIDY residents be allowed/encouraged to decorate the city with art?
- Will the Arts and Humanities activities be free to NYCIDY residents?
- Will NYCIDY residents be able to take classes in Arts and Humanities?
- What will these classes be – painting, drawing, dance, photography, sculpture, graphic arts?
- Will HS students be evaluated for talent in the arts and then given free training in those disciplines?
Step Four: Be prepared to present the following ideas for a sector focused project so that your sector-focused team will together decide which project you will present for the NYCIDY Games.
1. Creating a song/rap about NYCIDY Arts and Humanities
2. Draw/Paint a picture of what Arts and Humanities will look like in NYCIDY
3. Write a story or poem about NYCIDY (it can be completely imaginative and totally made up like a fable)
4.Create a Logo for NYCIDY’s Arts and Humanities Sector
5. A mock web site for your Arts and Humanities Sector