Learn about Party City – Forest Ave.
We are looking for a friendly and customer service-oriented Retail Sales Associate to work in our store. The retail sales associate is responsible for welcoming customers, answering any queries about the stock, and helping customers ring up their purchases.To be successful as a retail sales associate you must have excellent interpersonal skills. A good retail sales associate balances achieving sales targets while respecting the needs of customers.
- Take in daily freight from delivery trucks
- Stock shelves with merchandise from freight trucks and overhead shelves
- Clean store and remove all freight from floors when finished stocking
- Maintain a clean neat and customer-ready area
- Provide excellent customer service
- Prior retail experience is preferred
- The ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds if 18+ years old
- Must adhere to dress code – Black or blue jeans, blue, red, orange, or purple shirts (will be provided, if needed), clean white or black sneakers
- The ability to follow directions
- Strong interpersonal skills and active listening skills
- The ability to pay attention to details
Sunday: 7:00:00 AM-10:00:00 PM
Monday:7:00:00 AM-10:00:00 PM
Tuesday: 7:00:00 AM-10:00:00 PM
Wednesday: 7:00:00 AM-10:00:00 PM
Thursday: 7:00:00 AM-10:00:00 PM
Friday: 7:00:00 AM-10:00:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00:00 AM-10:00:00 PM
NOTE:Your own schedule will be discussed with your supervisor if you are placed at the site.
Apply for this position
Please only apply for this position if you are an enrolled participant in NYCID\'s Workforce programs
Please apply up to 3 opportunities and ensure that you use the drop-down menu to identify your choices for each job.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not meet all of the requirements of the job description, your application may not be selected for the position.