715 Ocean Terrace, Staten Island NY 10301
NYCID collaborates with interested NYC schools and develops, customizes, and implements self-sustaining After
School/and Summer programs. Our After School/Summer Programs are operated in elementary, middle, or high schools.
Currently we are operating Summer Rising programs in collaboration with the Department Of Education . We work collaboratively with schools to customize our programs to meet the needs of the school and its community. Our goal is to provide exposure to subjects that students will not normally have the opportunity to experience outside of the school environment. Our programs can include opportunities for youth to learn conflict resolution, anger management, and new decision-making techniques. We approach our work with a youth development framework and give our undivided attention and commitment to both our students and their families.
- Work closely with Program Instructor to plan, organize, develop, and implement program activities in areas such as, but not limited to, youth enrichment, leadership development, and physical activity
- Supervise youth and monitor behavior to ensure safety and appropriateness
- Work closely with students to encourage movement, creativity, and the development of specific skills
- Assist in developing lesson plans pertaining to specific activities including, but not limited to, STEM, Leadership, Literacy, Sports and Art
- Provide Program Instructor with creative ways for participants to showcase their progress accomplishments, projects, etc.
- Communicate effectively with students and parents
- Assist in ensuring that attendance sign-in sheets are completed accurately’
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution and/or mediation practices
- Knowledge of developing effective lesson plans to ensure student learning and participation
- Ability to control student behaviors and ensure a productive learning environment
- Capability of creating projects which capture attention yet are educational and enjoyable
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality, integrity and professionalism
- Ability to embrace and live NYCID’s Core Values: Collaboration, Accountability, Recognition, and Resilience
- Self-starter attitude.
Schedule: M-F 3-6
Apply for this position
Please only apply for this position if you are an enrolled participant in NYCID\'s Workforce programs
Please apply up to 3 opportunities and ensure that you use the drop-down menu to identify your choices for each job.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not meet all of the requirements of the job description, your application may not be selected for the position.