Pro-Action Plan Step Week 4 (2 of 2):
Exploring Your Sector
Big Note: The directions on your Pro-Action Plan “Career Journey” Page will only show you the Number of Steps you have to complete. Please use these directions to complete the steps.
Step One: On your Pro-Action Plan, research the above websites and write a summary of each initiative.
Step Two: After you explore the sites, review the videos to identify 2 to 4 top priorities for the way health care is being administered in these communities.
Step Three: Using the below questions to guide you, consider what your priorities would be for your NYCIDY.
- What are some Health Services that are essential to your NYCIDY?
- Why were these services chosen for NYCIDY?
- Will the services be free to NYCIDY residents?
- Will these services be provided in a brick and mortar facility (hospital, clinic) or will the services be available via a mobile clinic? Or both?
- Should students who show strong abilities in science be automatically placed into a Health Services sector learning track in HS?
- Should volunteering in the NYCID Health Services sector be mandatory for all Healthcare providers?
Step Four: Be prepared to present the following ideas for a sector-focused project, so that your sector-focused team can together decide which project you will present for the NYCIDY Games.
- Create a NYCIDY 1-Page Health Service Action Plan – Health Services Action Plan should address the questions in Step Three.
- Create a NYCIDY Health Services mock website or an ap showing what Health Services are offered to NYCIDY residents. (Feel free to take inspiration from the above links)
Team could design a website mock up or wireframe using Google Docs or by using Moqups
Find a Copy of an Action Plan Template in your Google Class Materials.