Olympus Academy is a New York City Department of Education Transfer High School located in Canarsie, Brooklyn. The school specializes in working with students ages 16-20 years old that are undercredited. Through creative educational approaches and a dynamic team we are able to provide a learning environment that nurtures personal growth and academic success.
We support them in becoming self-directed and responsible citizens who have mastered skills for lifelong learning. They leave us well prepared to participate in post-secondary education, meaningful work, healthy relationships and their community. Our school acts as a second home to our students, staff and community as we all grow together. Our school opens the gates of opportunity to all students.
- Accelerated credit accumulation – earn up to 18 credits per year
- Paid internship and job shadowing opportunities to learn marketable job skills
- Individualized advisory programs coupled with a small personalized school setting and small class size
One of our programs is the Learning-to-Work program. This program pays students that are placed in organizations and businesses to gain valuable work experience. Students are to be given the opportunity to: be mentored and/or supervised; learn about the organization and its structure, vision and purpose; participate in the delivery of services and activities; attend team meetings; evaluate and review services; make recommendations; and receive training specific to the job placement.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Significantly behind in credit accumulation
- Previously enrolled in high school
- Willingness to re-engage in H.S. career/education
- Recent transcripts
- Last report card
- Up to date attendance record
- Immunization record
755 East 100 Street
Brooklyn, NY 11236
[Between Flatlands & Glenwood]
Train: L to Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway
Bus: B6, B60, B82 to Glenwood and 101st Street
For more information, contact:
Cynthia Green, Director
Phone: 718-272-1926 ex. 1111